Excerpt of Hurst-Euless-Bedford Independent School District Policy "GKD (Local)"
NONSCHOOL USE OF SCHOOL FACILITIES
13. Gymnasium use shall be under the following guidelines:
Failure to comply with gymnasium use rules may result in suspension of gymnasium use privileges.
- District facilities used for youth sports shall be scheduled by an authorized representative of the organization. Coaches for individual teams shall not be allowed to reserve District facilities.
- School events have priority at all times and may cause rescheduling of practices and games. Every effort shall be made to provide advance notice of any conflicts.
- The scheduling organization is the responsible party. Scheduled times for use should be respected and maintained. Concerns, complaints, and the like, regarding times and sites of practices/games shall be handled by that organization, not the District or the principal.
- Parents of team members should be advised that it is inappropriate to allow siblings of team members to be unsupervised at the practices or games.
- All boys and girls should have adult supervision when they leave the gym to go to the restroom or for a drink.
- No student may enter any area of the school except the gymnasium or restroom area. Basketballs and other sports balls should not be used except in the gymnasium area.
- No food or drinks shall be allowed in the gymnasium building.
- School custodians and other school staff shall be treated with respect and courtesy at all times.
- School telephones are to be used for emergencies only and may be out of use for repair. Calling for parental pickups is not an emergency. Use of cellular phones by the team is suggested.
- All bulletin boards, wall posters, permanent fixtures, furniture, or equipment shall be left undisturbed.
- Failure to comply with gymnasium use rules may result in suspension of gymnasium use privileges.
For full policy, see: http://pol.tasb.org/Policy/Download/1110?filename=GKD(LOCAL).pdf