Mid-Cities Basketball Association
Each prospective head coach selects practice sessions for their team on a “first come, first served” basis.
Request will be sent in by email and if all requirements were followed,
practices are scheduled based on earliest date/time of the email.
Head coaches can make their choices AFTER completing coaching application.
Please follow these steps to request practice sessions.
- Read and consider the following.
CLICK here Practice Site Schedules to find two open slots.
Email your request to VP-Operations@mcbba.org.
Be sure to include your league, team name, and requested location, and which TWO days of week you prefer.
- Each team has two 75 minute practices per week, Monday through Friday only.
- Your choices are limited to HEB ISD elementary schools. However, not every gym is available for MCBBA practices.
Some are used for after-school activities, YMCA basketball, and other special needs.
- Some schools are more popular than others. The earlier you sign up, the better your chances. Some schools fill out early and others never fill out.
Players and coaches are not spread out evenly in the area.
- If you prefer full court practice, avoid selecting the ever popular Tuesday and Thursday for practices.
We assign teams to one end of the gym, sharing the gym with another team.
Consequently on Tuesday and Thursday, it's unlikely you receive a full court gym session.
- Planned school holidays or activities tend to be on Mondays and Fridays, causing a "short week" and a modification of affected practices.
Note: Because of school holiday, coaches selecting a Monday practice will not have practice on two Mondays: Jan. 20th and Feb. 17th.
A replacement practice will be scheduled on another day giving the coach a second practice in the week. However, the association cannot guarantee
that the replacement day and school are convenient for all.
- For teams with players in grades 1st through 4th, it is highly recommended to select early practice sessions (6:30 to 7:45 PM)
and only consider the later time if your work schedule requires AND you are prepared parents' complaints.
- Initially, the older teams (grades 5th through 8th) may ONLY select later sessions (7:45 to 9:00 PM).
Once ALL the younger teams’ have coaches and their practices reserved, older teams will be able to request the remaining earlier sessions.
The only exception is for a HEAD coach for two teams. We will send out email when a head coach is permitted to request a change to an earlier
session (probably sometime early December).
- Wednesday practices are often unpopular. As such, coaches selecting a Wednesday practice generally has the full gym that night.
Exceptions occur if a school should have a special event in their gym or in a "short week" (weeks of Jan. 20th and Feb. 17th).